There are multiple opportunities for you to grow at Boys & Girls Clubs. Take a look at our different scholarship opportunities specifically for you!
- All clubs offer volunteering opportunities/ community service that a teens can use when applying for scholarships
- Club Teens can receive additional college access support such as: applying for FAFSA, applying for scholarships, understanding college admission, etc.
- BGCAZ offers several post-secondary education scholarships
- BGCAZ offers club teens with career exposure and professional contacts that help them grow in to the career.
- Club teens can explore what post-secondary education pathway is a best fit for him/her (community college, 4-year university, trade/technical program)
2. StrataTech Offers RSI Scholarships
StrataTech offers RSI scholarships to BGCAZ Teens and Parents
StrataTech Education Group will award a total of four $5,000 scholarships - two of the scholarships will be designated for RSI’s HVAC program and the other two will be designated for RSI’s welding program.
Additionally, one $10,000 scholarship will go to a female student to support women in the trades.
Eligible students must be a 2022 or 2023 high school graduate, a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and an active participant in the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley OR the parent of a member.
Applications can be submitted at any time for consideration and the forms can be downloaded here. For more information, RSI can speak to applicants about the scholarship program by calling (888) 671-5803.
3. Renee Parsons Scholarship
This award recognizes a young woman that demonstrates leadership qualities in collaboration, assertiveness, exhibits empathy, displays outstanding academics, and shows motivation.
- 1st place winner can receive a scholarship valued up to $80K ($10K per semester)
- 2nd place winner can receive a scholarship valued up to $40K ($5K per semester)
- Be an active Club member, volunteer or AZYouthforce participant (Club membership will be verified)
- Be a Junior or Senior in high school (2022-2023 academic year)
- Must have a GPA 2.8 or higher
- A current, complete transcript of grades must be uploaded with your application
2 letters of recommendation- must be from someone that has known you for 3+ years that is not a family member (may not be from the same person submitting the nomination)
Club nomination letter from a BGCAZ staff member
- Demonstrate financial need
- This application is powered by Google forms; you will need to sign-in into your Gmail account; If you do not have one you will need to create one
- Applicants will be allowed only one submission - you will not be allowed to edit your response after your application is submitted
- Applicants will receive a copy of application
Applications open Sept. 1st at 10:00AM MST and will close October 1st at 11:59PM MST.
4. Chandler Compadres Scholarship
Name of Award: Chloe J. Jacobsen Youth Scholarship- Chandler Compadres
Target: to any Junior or Senior at the Chandler Club
Applicant must have:
- GPA 2.5 or higher
- Embody leadership qualities:
- Creativity/ critical thinking
- Community Service/Social Activism
More information coming soon.