About this Club
The Superstition Mountain Branch offers an after school program, teen leadership, youth sports programs, homework, and tutoring assistance. The Club here was founded in August 1994 by a group of citizens under the leadership of City Council Member Grace Hagner. In April 1998, the Boys & Girls Club of Apache Junction merged with Boys & Girls Clubs of the East Valley. Recently the name was changed in April 2016 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of the East Valley - Superstition Mountain Branch to better reflect the areas that we serve. The Club is open 241 days a year and serves an average of 135 youth daily. The Club provides support to working families, single parents, and grandparents raising their grandchildren. Financial aid is provided to those in need. Our staff members are active within the community and want to help your children develop their Character & Leadership, Education, Health & Life Skills, and Career Pathways. Our Clubs offer all youth and teens Sports, Fitness, Recreation, and the Arts. Register below or in the Club for the school year! If you are a new member, your registration will have to be approved by Club staff (typically within 48 hours) before it can be completed. If you have additional questions, please contact a Branch Assistant.
Membership and Programming
- Annual Membership: $30 per youth per year. Paid annually in August. Parent orientation must be completed before member(s) can attend and needs to be renewed on an annual basis.
- After School Program: $60 per month. Teens attend free.
- Summer Program: bi-weekly sessions at $60 (with annual membership) for ages 5 years old that have completed kindergarten-12. Teens attend free with paid annual membership.
- Sports Programs: $20 - $50
- Club Handbook | Manual de Membresia
- Child Safety
2805 S. Ironwood Dr. [See Map]Apache Junction, AZ 85120
We are a part of the following School Districts:
Office Hours: 2:30 pm - 7:00 pm
After School: 07/24/2023 - 05/23/2024
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Wed: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Summer: 05/28/2024 - 08/30/2024
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
School Breaks & Holiday Club Hours + -
Hours During Breaks: 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Fall Break 2023: October 2 – 13
- Winter Break 2023/24: December 22 – January 5
- Spring Break 2024: March 11 – 22
- Last Day of School: May 23, 2024
Subject to change – contact the Club for more information on holidays.
Closed for Holidays/Training:
- October 20, 2023 – All Clubs closed for All Staff Meeting
- November 23-24, 2023 – Thanksgiving
- December 25-29, 2023 – All Clubs closed for holidays
- January 15, 2024 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 19, 2024 – President’s Day
- May 27, 2024 – Memorial Day
- July 4, 2024 – Independence Day
- September 2, 2024 – Labor Day
- Parents can contact AJUSD 480-982-1110 X2200 to arrange transportation from Desert Vista Elementary, Four Peaks Elementary, and/or Peralta Trail Elementary. Members attending Cactus Canyon Junior High and AJ High School will walk from their school to the Boys & Girls Club facility, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Avalon Charter School and Imagine Schools East Mesa can be transported by the schools separately. Please contact the schools for further transportation information.
- Any schools NOT listed should be contacted individually to determine transportation availability.
- Angela D. - Branch Director
- Daniel G. - Program Director
- Makinzie M. - Branch Administrative Coordinator
- Diana D. - Lead Youth Development Specialist
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.
BGCAZ is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. We encourage parents to communicate with BGCAZ if your child has a disability so that we can work together to make reasonable accommodation that will allow your child access to the Club and its programs. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact your Branch Director.
BGCAZ se compromete a proporcionar acceso, igualdad de oportunidades y adaptaciones razonables para personas con discapacidades en el empleo, sus servicios, programas y actividades. Alentamos a los padres a comunicarse con BGCAZ si su hijo tiene una discapacidad para que podamos trabajar juntos para hacer ajustes razonables que permitan a su hijo acceder al Club y sus programas. Para solicitar adaptaciones razonables, comuníquese con el director de su sucursal.