This site is provided by Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley and Mesa Arts Academy is committed to complying fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. BGCAZ and MAA do not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Our information collection practices are described below. While we encourage children to visit our site and learn more about our programs, we recommend, however, that parents approve and closely supervise the activity of their children at this and all other online sites. We urge children to check with their parents before entering information on any website and we urge parents to discuss with their children restrictions regarding the online release of personal information to anyone they don't know.
The Information BGCAZ & MAA Collects
BGCAZ and MAA collect information in several ways from different parts of this site. BGCAZ and MAA may collect personal information from you when you register with this site. BGCAZ and MAA also may ask you for personal information at other times, such as when you ask a question or report a problem with this site. If you contact BGCAZ and/or MAA, we may keep a record of that session or correspondence, including a record of your e-mail address. BGCAZ and MAA may also occasionally ask users to complete surveys for research purposes. There also may be services on this site that require you to fill out an online form or send BGCAZ and MAA an e-mail message in order to utilize these services. BGCAZ and MAA collect any information that you provide in such circumstances, including any personal information.
We may ask you for identifying and personal information to:
- Invite you to receive periodic e-mail updates about our progress: When you accept, or "opt-in," we ask you to give us your e-mail address and respond to some questions that help us tailor our information to your interests. You can "opt-out" of receiving these periodic updates at any time.
- Processing any online donations you make to BGCAZ and/or MAA: When you donate to honor someone else, we do not use the information you give us about that person for any other purpose.
- Accepting your online "registration" at our site: When you agree to give us identifying and personal information, you are giving that information only to BGCAZ and/or MAA and the parties we have involved in operating this site. You are giving it solely to enable the services this site provides.
- Processing registration information for online sweepstakes or contests on the BGCAZ and/or MAA website: When you agree to give us identifying and personal information, you are giving that information only to BGCAZ and/or MAA and the parties we have involved in operating this site. You are giving it solely to enable the services this site provides.
- This list is not exhaustive but meant to give the website user an idea of the data collecting on this website.
- BGCAZ and/or MAA also may collect IP addresses, domain names, and similar items regarding users of this site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on this site, and similar items.
How BGCAZ and/or MAA Uses the Information It Collects
BGCAZ and/or MAA understands the importance of privacy and confidentiality to users of this site. BGCAZ and/or MAA will not share personal information you submit through this site with companies not affiliated with BGCAZ and/or MAA for purposes of marketing or promoting events, products, or similar items, unless such events, products, or similar items are related to BGCAZ and/or MAA and except that BGCAZ and/or MAA may, from time to time, make personal information available to selected third parties, but only in the aggregate.
Integrity and Security
Not selling your information – BGCAZ and/or MAA will not sell, trade, rent, or exchange its donor list and donor's personal information with any other organization. From time to time BGCAZ and/or MAA will share donor or prospective donor information with Clubs to ensure collaborative efforts. If someone requests that information is shared with a Club, the BGCAZ and/or MAA will comply with their wishes.
Use of SSL and encryption – When BGCAZ and/or MAA transfers and receives certain types of sensitive information such as online donations and account information, we direct visitors to a secure server, which communicates via SSL encryption and which has been designed to reduce the possibility of interception and hacking. You’ll know that you’re in a secure area of our website when the "Http" portion of the BGCAZ and/or MAA website address in your browser changes to "Https." The "s" stands for "secure."
BGCAZ and/or MAA employs commercially reasonable managerial and technical measures to help protect the security and integrity of the personal information it collects online through this site. You acknowledge, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while BGCAZ and/or MAA strives to protect your personal information, BGCAZ and/or MAA cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to or from this site.
Privacy Practices of Other Sites
Contacting BGCAZ and/or MAA About Your Personal Information
If you would like to review the personal information that BGCAZ and/or MAA has collected about you through this site in order to verify its accuracy and completeness, or if you have a question or complaint regarding BGCAZ and/or MAA's privacy practices, or to request that BGCAZ and/or MAA delete your personal information from its records, please contact BGCAZ and/or MAA at 602-954-8182.
Last updated: September 9, 2020
© Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley. All rights reserved.