Get ready for a fast-paced work environment that allows you to bring your passion, innovate and have FUN! At the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley, our trained and talented team members create a safe place for kids outside of school hours and help youth achieve their highest potential.
Youth Development Specialists plan, implement, supervise, and coordinate activities for kids and teens at our Clubhouses. Think half-court youth basketball games, a photography class, or a science activity!
Summer Positions Begin in May
- Morning & Afternoon shifts are available
- Up to 25 hours per week
- Pay up to $15/hour
- Facilitates programming in various areas of the Club (arts, gym, etc)
- Manages administrative duties to include: calendars, lesson plans, pre/post testing, roster keeping and participation tracking
- Ensures the safety of all members and ensures proper documentation is completed
- Assists with the food program as needed
- Transports youth and/or teens to various club locations via BGCAZ vehicles (preferred, but not required for all positions!)
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Must maintain or obtain a CPR and 1st Aid certification within 90 days of employment
- Experience working with youth or teens in activities or programming
- Experience in child care a plus
- Ability to manage small and large groups of youth
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and approved Motor Vehicle Record
Perks & Benefits
- Sick Pay
- Boys & Girls Club of the Valley Programming Fees Waived for children of employees*
- Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
- Sports & Entertainment tickets occasionally provided at no cost when available
*Waived membership fees apply to year-round staff AND summer seasonal staff! Note: Some fees not waived I.e. field trip expenses, sports league expenses, transportation, supplies etc.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.
BGCAZ is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. We encourage parents to communicate with BGCAZ if your child has a disability so that we can work together to make reasonable accommodation that will allow your child access to the Club and its programs. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact your Branch Director.
BGCAZ se compromete a proporcionar acceso, igualdad de oportunidades y adaptaciones razonables para personas con discapacidades en el empleo, sus servicios, programas y actividades. Alentamos a los padres a comunicarse con BGCAZ si su hijo tiene una discapacidad para que podamos trabajar juntos para hacer ajustes razonables que permitan a su hijo acceder al Club y sus programas. Para solicitar adaptaciones razonables, comuníquese con el director de su sucursal.
BGCAZ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. BGCAZ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran, or disability status. Furthermore, BGCAZ does not discriminate on the basis of familial status. www.AZRelay.org or 7-1-1.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
BGCAZ se enorgullece de ser un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todo empleo se decide sobre la base de las calificaciones, el mérito y la necesidad comercial. BGCAZ no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, religión, edad, origen nacional, sexo, orientación sexual, genética, condición de veterano o discapacidad. Además, BGCAZ no discrimina en función del estado familiar. www.AZRelay.org o 7-1-1.
Celebramos la diversidad y nos comprometemos a crear un entorno inclusivo para todos los empleados.