This great day of golf and goodwill benefits the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley’s Tri-City West/Thornwood Branch. Avondale Mayor Kenn Weise, community leaders, elected officials and this year, NASCAR race-enthusiasts, meet on the beautiful greens of Wigwam Golf Resort to network, celebrate a NASCAR championship week and support a great cause for the youth in the West Valley.
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Wigwam Golf Resort, Gold & Blue Courses*
451 N. Old Litchfield Road, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340 see map
Located in Avondale, the Tri-City West/Thornwood Club serves 1,200 kids from Avondale, Buckeye, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson. To date, the tournament has raised more than $400,000 to support positive programming for kids in the West Valley.
*You can review Wigwam’s Social Distancing policy here.
Read the Latest on Avondale Cup!
(click to expand)
Golf Foursome: $1,200 / Individual Player $325
Foursome and Individual Player registration fees include on-course contest packages (Super Ticket) including: Spin the Wheel, Golf Ball Launcher, 10 Raffle Tickets and two Magic Putt Tickets! Contest Prizes For: Longest Drive, Closest-to-the Pin. Individual Prizes for: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Finishers.
Your Entry Fee Includes:
- 10 Raffle Tickets
- One (1) Magic Putt Ticket
- On-course games
- Entry into Putting Contest for a cash putt prize of $1,000.
For more information, contact Jen at email@example.com, 602-343-1222.
8:00 am — Registration
9:00 am & 10 am — Shotgun Starts (depending on Blue or Gold Course)
1:30 pm — Raffle Prizes & Awards (no post-tournament gathering)
Special Thanks to our Avondale Championship Open sponsors!
Course Beverage Sponsors
On-Course Activity Sponsors
Putting Contest Sponsors
Check out photos from the 2019 Avondale Cup!
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-343-1222.
Located in Avondale, the Tri-City West/Thornwood Branch serves 1,200 youth from Avondale, Buckeye, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson.
To date, the tournament has raised more than $400,000 to support positive programming for youth in the West Valley.
Why are you here?... to Make a Difference!
Thanks to your participation in events like Avondale Cup, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley impacted the lives of 16,000+ children:
- We serve 450,365 nutritious meals and 262,076 snacks to hungry kids last year.
- More than 16,000 youth were served at 27 Clubs and our Dental Clinic in 2018-2019.
- 94% of parents agree that Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley enable them to keep their jobs.
- Every $1 invested in Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley generates $18.22 in positive economic benefits to the community!
BGCAZ’s Economic Impact
How do you measure the economic impact of an investment in a child’s life and well-being? We have story after story from kids, young adults, and parents who tell us how BGCAZ changed their lives for the good…
And, thanks to the Seidman Research Institute, W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, we have numbers to quantify the economic impact we have in the Phoenix Metro area.
The Seidman Institute conducted an Economic Impact Study in 2016 that monetized the benefits of BGCAZ to the local community.
Total estimated value of all socio-economic benefits: $204.9 million.
Club member households continued to work, thanks to the provision of safe, affordable out-of-school-time care at BGCAZ, benefitting the Arizona economy by $126 million in one year.
Other benefits include:
- Improved rates of high school graduation and the lifetime earnings of Club members.
- A decline in juvenile criminal activity.
- Reduced levels of teenage pregnancy and motherhood.
- Reduced levels of underage drinking and the use of marijuana and tobacco.
- Enhanced opportunity for parents to continue working.
- Impact of BGCAZ operations and volunteers.