This video was originally posted on FOX 10: Phoenix. Be sure to visit their channel for the full video.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley was honored to be the host of the Walter Payton Man of the Year event. This leadership and community stewardship program perfectly aligns with the values of Boys & Girls Clubs.
Eleven Youth of the Year candidates, the most outstanding teen in each of our Clubs joined the morning festivities. Like the Walter Payton Man of the Year nominees, they have dedicated themselves to school, the Club, and improving their communities.
Thanks to the NFL, all of our kids, and the players had the opportunity to see the transformed Teen Room space they are leaving as a legacy! We are looking forward to dedicating that room so hundreds of teens can enjoy it!
“Super Bowls are important economic and tourism drivers for a state, but today’s event shows the true heart of the NFL and the commitment that these players and their teams have to young people. These youth are the future and you are modeling for them the importance of volunteerism and caring for your community. Thank you.” Marcia Mintz stated during Friday’s MOY event.
FOX 10: NFL stars surprise Arizona kids with Super Bowl LVII tickets
This story was so powerful, it was picked up by several news outlets;
- FOX 10 Youtube Channel: NFL stars surprise Arizona kids with Super Bowl LVII tickets
- 12 News: NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year Award winner Dak Prescott gives back to local community
- Yahoo News: NFL stars surprise Arizona kids with Super Bowl LVII tickets
- AOL: ‘She’d be crying’: Dak Prescott honors late mother after winning NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year award
- Dallas Cowboys: Dak Motivated to “Do Even More” After Award
- Arizona Sports: Prescott wins award, gives back to community the next day